I am currently taking a vegetarian sports nutrition course as part of my recertification for ACE Personal Fitness Trainer.  The book dedicates an entire chapter on muscle cramping and, at the end of the chapter, the book draws no final conclusions on what causes and what helps prevent muscle cramps.  This is what I learned can cause cramping:

1.  extreme heat and cold
2.  inherited abnormalities of carbs and fat metabolism
3.  dehydration
4.  electrolyte imbalances
5.  muscle fatigue
6.  overuse injuries
7.  chronic inflammation

Without anything definitive about the cause(s), we certainly can do the following nutritionally as part of healthy athletic life:
1.  drink enough to support your level of activity
2.  consume enough sodium that is lost through sweat
3.  eat lots of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, seeds and legumes
4.  obtain calcium from natural sources
5.  make sure you are eating enough carbohydrates
6.  consume enough calories
7.  find good sources of omega 3 fatty acids and eat 2 servings of these foods everyday
8.  maintain adequate levels of vitamin D - more important in the winter months

Swim workout
300yds. free
200yds. done 25yds. heads up swim/25 swim
100yds. free progress by 25 to strong
5 x 200yds. free, sprinting the first and last 50 of each 200
1,000yds. sprinting the last 25 of each 100 - this can be done free, pull or broken into 100's with 5sec. rest between each

Comments

02/12/2016 8:18pm

I'm extremely pleased to discover this site. I wanted to thank you for your time for this wonderful read!! I definitely liked every bit of it and i also have you saved as a favorite to look at new information on your blog.

05/03/2017 5:53pm

Imagine you're peacefully sleeping in the middle of the night. Then out of nowhere, you suddenly feel like there's someone pulling your legs at the end of your bed, but you can't see who or what is it. Turns out, you're just having cramps in the middle of the night and you're still asleep and dreaming that's why it feels like you're in an actual horror movie. Even if that doesn't scare you even for just a little bit, I don't know what will. I've been experiencing that kind of situation since I don't know for how long now. A nightmare is probably much better than having a sudden cramp in the middle of the night and you just can't wake yourself up. I've been searching for a permanent solution for my problem here, but I just couldn't find any that can seriously help me get over with this. Perhaps, you could share your thoughts about this and give me some effective tips and advices on getting rid of this type of cramps.

04/16/2016 9:49am

Electrolytes balance is very important!

01/10/2017 11:55pm

antivirus for pc

04/04/2017 12:47pm

So, is this vegan nutrition effective enough? Would you recommend it?

04/28/2017 12:07am