I was hooked on the sport of triathlon after being the run leg in an Olympic distance race in San Jose in the early 90's.  I was the run leg for a good reason - I didn't know how to swim.

The decision to learn to swim was big  because I was always fearful of water.  That decision also meant I would fully embrace the sport of swimming.  I accepted other swimmers talking yards, not laps.  I grew to like circle-swimming, understanding that swimming with faster swimmers in my lane was going to make me faster.  I slowly embraced non-freestyle strokes as being good for my freestyle, as well as overall fitness.

All of this meant I had changed my mindset from thinking the swim portion of a triathlon was something to get through so I could ride and run, to a wonderful sport that not only provided me a welcome relief from tired legs but something I can participate in until I have one foot in the grave.

So, triathletes:  why don't you embrace swimming?

Swim workout:
9 x 75yds. done in 3 rounds of 3:  #1 swim; #2 kick; #3 25back/25breast/25free
125yds. done as 100strong/25easy

4 x 100yds. freestyle progress #1-4
400yds. pull breathe every 5th stroke and work the last 25 of each 100

8 x 50yds. progress by sets of 2
400yds. pull strong

4 x 100yds. freestyle best effort

Comments

09/14/2016 10:57pm

Download the latest version of Movie HD .APK file. Movie HD by dndapps Version:

02/05/2017 10:17pm

<a href="https://jac.eduresultsnic.in/jac-12th-results-2017/">Check JAC 12th Results</a>
JAC Intermediate Result 2017 for all streams will available on this official website

05/10/2017 9:31pm

Triathlon is a competition involving swimming, running and cycling. This type of competition is open to all who wants to join. The only requirement is that you should be fit to compete. The competition is not liable for any medical concerns while you are in the competition. The training process is hard and it really takes a lot of effort. A contender should keep track on his/her diet, he/she also needs a lot of time allotted for training. The process of training and competing is not easy, but whenever you've reached the finish line all is worth it.

04/02/2017 3:41am

I think that swimming is the hardest part in it! And to run a marathon distance in the end)

05/13/2017 12:40am

sb game hacker apk are the standard part of gaming experience

05/16/2017 1:23am

Pool fences have become a requirement in some localities but for places where there are no regulations regarding the installation of pool fences it will be advisable to build one as a safety precaution. Pool owners should be responsible enough to think of the safety of others especially the children who have greater chance of roaming in the pool area without the supervision of adults which usually results in falling and eventually drowning.